Born in 1977 in Ulm, Germany
Lives and Works in Brooklyn, NY
2004 Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture, Skowhegan, ME
2004 MFA, Tufts University, Medford, MA/ School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
2001 BFA, Atlanta College of Art, Atlanta, GA
SOLO EXHIBITIONS and TWO PERSON EXHIBITIONS
2015 On a Boat, Looking to Land: Gil Heitor Cortesao & Daniel Rich, Carbon 12,
2015 John Beech & Daniel Rich, Frieze Art Fair New York, Peter Blum Gallery
2014 Systematic Anarchy, Peter Blum Gallery, New York
2012 Platforms of Power, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. September 29th 2012 – March 31st 2013, Boston, MA
2010 Berlin, Daniel Rich and Wieland Speck, Horton Gallery, NY
2009 1989-2009: Paintings of the Berlin Airports 20 Years after the Fall of the Wall, Andrew Rafacz Gallery, Chicago, IL
2008 Downburst, Perry Rubenstein Gallery, New York, NY
2007 Black Sunday, SUNDAY, New York, NY
Baghdad, Mario Diacono Gallery, Boston, MA
2006 Torre Velasca, Mario Diacono Gallery, Boston, MA
2005 Project Space, Elizabeth Dee Gallery, New York, NY
2017 Urbanopolis. Galerie LJ, Paris, France
2016 Postcard From New York, Curated by Serena Trizzino. Anna Marra Contemporanea, Rome, Italy
Summer Group Show, Joshua Liner Gallery, New York, NY (upcoming)
2014 Résonance(s), Maison Particulière, Brussels, Belgium
Epic Fail 2, Active Space, Brooklyn, NY
2013 October 18, 1977, Gasser Grunert Gallery, New York, curated by Birgit Rathsmann (cat.)
2012 Summer Group Show, Joshua Liner Gallery, New York, NY
Divergence, Lower East Side Printshop, New York, NY
2011 LANY, Curated by Mario Diacono, Peter Blum Gallery, NY
Chainletter, Golden Parachute, Berlin/ Samson Projects, Boston.
2009 Rattled by the Rush, Andrew Rafacz Gallery, Chicago, IL
Slow Photography, Sunday LES, New York, NY
Transitions- Painting at the (other) end of art, Maramotti Collection, Reggio Emilia, Italy
2008 Supernova, Art Basel Miami Beach
A Sorry Kind Of Wisdom, Perry Rubenstein Gallery, New York, NY
2006 Material Matters, Maryland Art Place, Baltimore, MD
We Build the Worlds Inside Our Heads, Freight + Volume, New York, NY
2005 Elizabeth Dee Gallery, New York, NY
Skowhegan Projects, Skowhegan State Fair, Skowhegan, ME
2004 Combined Talent, Tallahassee Museum of Fine Art, Tallahassee, FL
Summer Distillation, Miller Block Gallery, Boston, MA
Site Specifics, ArtSpace, Malden, MA
The Sublime is (still) now, Elizabeth Dee Gallery New York, NY. Curated by Joe Wolin.
Axiom, Gallery 4. Baltimore, MD
Constellations, Tufts University, Medford, MA (thesis exhibition)
2003 Properties, The H. Lewis Gallery, Baltimore, MD
CGR Advisors & Dragon Foundation Scholarship Recipients, Museum of Contemporary Art, Atlanta, GA
Referencing Perspective, Gallery 100, Atlanta, GA
Deconstruction and Recomposition, The Art Farm, Atlanta, GA
2015 Traveling Scholars Grant, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
2012 NYFA Painting Fellow, New York Foundation for the Arts, New York , NY
2011 Keyholder Residency Award, Lower East Side Printshop, NY.
2010 Marie Walsh Sharpe The Space Program, New York, NY
Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts, Omaha, NE
2004 Full Fellowship, Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture, Skowhegan, ME
Travel Grant, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
2001 Graduate Fellowship, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
Ben Shute Scholarship for Excellence in Representational Art, Atlanta College of Art, Atlanta, GA
Dragon Foundation Scholarship, Atlanta College of Art, Atlanta, GA
PUBLIC LECTURES/ VISITING ARTIST
2013 Visiting Artist and Guest Lecturer, Wellesley College, MA
2012 Visiting Artist and Guest Lecturer, Painting Department, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
2012 Visiting Artist, Pratt Institute, Printmaking Department, Brooklyn, NY
2010 Visiting Artist and Public Lecture, The Art Institute of Chicago, Painting Department, Chicago, IL
2008 Public Lecture, The New School, NY, NY
2004 Colloquium on the Politization of Space, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
Organized by Barbara Gallucci, Professor of Sculpture, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
* Victory Journal, "exhibition game", Issue 10 - "Arts & Letters", Winter 2015
* “La collection Maramotti” , MAD magazine, May
* Aaron Betsky. “Limbo Architecture: Painters of Modernism” Architectural Review, May 2014
* Plagens, Peter. “Caught in the Middle of Irony and Tragedy”. The Wall Street Journal. 1 March 2014. P. A22.
* Ara H. Merjian, “October 18, 1977”, Klemens Gasser & Tanja Grunert”, ArtForum, June 30, 2013
* Rosenberg, Karen. “October 18, 1977”, New York Times, 28 June 2013. Section C p. 24
* Glaser, Brian Christopher. “Platforms of Power: paintings by Daniel Rich at the MFA,” Big Red & Shiny, October 19, 2012
* Karen Frascona, “Daniel Rich: Platforms of Power at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Explores the Link Between Architecture, Nationalism, and Politics”, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, October 2, 2012
* Steve Locke, “Sex and the Painted City Daniel Rich at the MFA Boston”, Art and Everything After, September 30, 2012
* Diacono, Mario, Archetypes and Historicity. Painting and Other Radical Forms 1995-2007. Silvana Editoriale, 2012.
* Diacono, Mario, Transitions- Paintings at the (other) end of art, Collezione Maramotti Exhibition Catalogue, May 2009.
* Siegel, Miranda, Critic's Pick: "Downburst" at Perry Rubenstein, NY Magazine, Dec 22-29, 2008. *Craig, Megan, "Megan Craig in New York"-
ArtInfo Online Magazine, December 2008.
* Cyphers Wright, Jeffrey, "The Art of Interpreting Doublespeak", Chelsea Now, January 2nd- 15th 2009, Vol 3
* Time Out New York, No. 674, August 28-September 3, 2008: 90.
* Diacono, Mario. "An Art of (dis)Content." Daniel Rich: Bagdad, 2006, exh. 1-30 June, Boston: Mario Diacono at Ars Libri, 2007.
* Smith, P.C. "Daniel Rich at Sunday." Art in America. no. 2, February 2008: 147.
* McQuaid, Cate. "Rich's Works Are Far From Brutal." Boston Globe. 27 April 2006.